With a baby arriving very soon I know that I want to be fuelling my body with good food, that will leave me feeling good, provide me with energy and help with recovery. I don’t want to be thinking about what to eat and lucky for me, Mia is happy to eat what I eat…. most of the time.
Here are some of the pros for me for meal prepping.
- Staying on track with your goals. I want to be fueling my body with good, nutritious foods that will leave me feeling good.
- Time saving – more time for snuggles and less time worrying about what to eat.
- You are less likely to cheat. I don’t want to be fuelling my body with crappy food because i am sleep deprived and don’t have the energy to make a proper meal.
- Saves you money in the long run
- I know that I won’t be rushing back into my workouts any time soon, well definitely the next 6-8 weeks after baby is born so a great place to start is with my food. I don’t have any intentions on tracking my macros at the moment, I just want to have some healthy meals prepped for me to grab.
As for what foods I will be prepping, I am not 100% sure???? Here are some of the meals that I am considering:
- bliss balls
- baked oatmeal – most likely with blueberries or maybe homemade granola with nuts and seeds and yogurt?
- Cauliflower fried rice
- Green smoothie bags
- Sweet potato shepherds pie (filled with veggies)
- Bone broth