7 tips to making fitness work for YOU!!!

  1. CATER TO YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES: Be realistic with yourself and know what you are into and what you’re not. This is extremely important for setting up a successful workout habit so make sure the form of exercise fits in with your lifestyle, personality and taste. If you are unsure, try a few different things until you find something that you

    like.

  2. WORKOUT EFFICIENTLY: Pick a workout that you know you can do consistently and almost anywhere. Ideally this form of exercise doesn’t require much prep and accomplishes significant amount of physical gains in a short period of time. High intensity (HIIT), tabata, bodyweight exercises are great choices
  3. MAKE A SCHEDULE AND COMMIT TO IT: Know exactly what days you can workout, times and then stick to it each week if possible, this creates a routine which eventually becomes a habit. This takes the guess work out of wondering if you can workout today or not. It’s also great to remind yourself that working out is a priority worth keeping

    . You reap all the benefits big or small, no one else!!

  4. TRACK YOUR ACITIVTY LEVELS: If you don’t measure it, it never happened. Track your activity levels (and your progress along the way). This can help you to stay on track, allow you to see where you are slipping (before you completely lose the habit) and see where you are progressing and what is working. This can provide great motivation to keep going.
  5. CHOOSE SOMETHING OVER NOTHING: Remember some exercise is better than no exercise. You would be surprise as to how much time you might be wasting and those few spare minutes a day can go towards your health and fitness. With an effective program that is done frequently (3 times a week is great) short and quick workouts can do wonder for both the body and the mind.
  6. SET REALISTIC GOALS: Don’t strive for perfection instead focus on increasing healthy behaviours whenever you can, ideally you want to do this as often as possible.So in other words if you currently aren’t up to running 5kms, don’t get disheartened that you aren’t at that level yet focus on walking 15 minutes a day and over time add time, intensity and distance. The days will pass no matter what

    .

  7. GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK: You don’t have to be a fitness saint to get results. Consider the rule 80/20. Exercise regularly and eat well 80% of the time and then allow for slip ups, holidays, sickness etc the other 20% of the time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s