Do you find yourself skipping breakfast? Well you aren’t alone!
Let’s first go over the benefits of eating breakfast again, we all know it’s good for us but we still don’t do it.
So here is some of the benefits of eating breakfast:
- Good for the waistline, research shows those who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight and more likely to be within their ideal weight range compared to those who miss breakfast
- Improved energy levels for the day ahead
- Kick starts your metabolism
- Provides the body with many beneficial nutrients
- Reduces your chance of over consuming high kilojoule foods later
- Stabilises your blood sugar levels
- Improves memory and concentration
Excuse #1 No Time – You don’t eat breakfast because you are too busy getting yourself and everyone else ready in the morning
Solution – be prepared
- pre made meal ie overnight oats
- A meal on the go – smoothie or breakfast muffin
Excuse #2 No appetite – I’m not hungry in the morning.
Solution – keep it light and small, so it’s not heavy on your stomach
- A piece of fruit
- A small smoothie
Excuse #3 On a diet – I need to eat less so I will skip breakfast.
Solution – Eat breakfast. Breakfast breaks the fast and kick starts your metabolism. Not eating anything is going to slow it down.
Excuse #4 Morning workout – you aren’t hungry after working out.
Solution — Your post workout meal is the meal that supplies your body with everything that it needs to repair, rebuild, recover and adapt. An efficient workout is not complete until you properly eat.
Another way to think about it: You cannot build a house without the proper combination of bricks and mortar. Muscles are the same.