Want to improve your health and fitness today?
What are you doing today, to improve it? You can only control this moment right now, so stop putting off till tomorrow. Start thinking about what you can do today to be better, to be healthier, to be fitter.
Giving yourself a couple of health goals each day will help you improve your health and fitness quicker and stay focused on what’s important to you.
I recommend starting with 1 or 2 if you are just starting out, I understand you are excited but remember you don’t want to put too much pressure on yourself, grow your confidence and build over time this will allow you to stick with it – we are creating sustainable long term healthy habits not short term quick fixes.
Daily health goals could be –
- Drink 3L of water (not quite up there, start with 1.5L -2L and work your way up)
- Eat 2 serves of fruit
- Aim to eat vegetables at each meal
- Aim for 7 hours sleep each night ( as mums this isn’t always possible, but aim to get a couple of good nights sleep in each week, do what you can! Each day is a new opportunity to start fresh!)
- Move – do 10,000 steps a day (once again, if you aren’t up there don’t worry, every day try and do a little more than the day before – this could be parking further away, walking to all the shops you need to go to, getting up earlier and getting a walk in, going for a walk after school with your kids)
- Me time – even if it’s only 10 minutes
- Exercise at least 3 times a week.