Seriously you didn’t think that I would leave out exercise? I am sure you know that exercise is right up there to staying healthy. The body is designed and has evolved to move and be regularly active so the less movement we do over time the body does develop problems. So it’s important to include at least 30 minutes of physical activity into your life.
So what are some of the benefits of exercise:
- Increased energy levels: Exercise improves both the strength and efficiency of the cardiovascular system. When this is running in top notch you have more energy for daily living.
- Improves muscle strength: Keep muscles strong and joints, tendons and ligaments flexible. Allowing you to move easily and avoid injury. Strong muscles and ligaments reduces the risk of joint and lower back pain by keeping the joints in proper alignment.
- Maintains weight: The more you exercise, the more calories you burn. The more muscle you develop, the higher your metabolic rate becomes so you burn more calories even while you aren’t exercising.
- Improves brain function: Reduces the risk of cognitive degenerative diseases.
- Good for the heart – Strengthens the heart and reduces blood pressure
- Enhances your immune system
- Improves sleep
- Improves mood and sense of well being
- A great stress relief
The most of important thing to remember in regards to exercise is to find something that you enjoy because if you enjoy it you will make time to do it.
These 12 weeks to a healthier you is about creating a healthier lifestyle, that’s right a lifestyle, habits that you can continue on for life.