Breakfast kick starts your digestion and metabolism and fuels, keeps cravings at bay and fuels your body with vitamins and minerals it needs to perform at it’s best.
Skipping breakfast pretty much places you on a blood sugar roller coast. Not only are you setting yourself up to overeating and bingeing later on in the day but you are actually telling your body to conserve energy which means it burns calories more slowly and lacking energy. Another factor to consider is when you don’t feed your body often enough, the body releases excess cortisol. In the long run excess cortisol can slow down the metabolism, lower your immunity and promote belly fat.
Skipping breakfast is just a bad habit that you have formed and all you need to do is to retrain your body and mind.
Some of the reasons why people don’t eat breakfast is because:
- Not hungry when you wake up – you need to try and eat something that is small and light. It doesn’t have to be much but over time, you will train your body to want to eat breakfast when you get up.
- Feel sick when you eat something in the morning – once again you need to eat something small and light and nothing that is going upset your stomach. This could be a piece of fruit like some berries or you could have a small smoothie use water or coconut water.
- Not enough time – It’s all about time management you can either wake up earlier to make sure you eat breakfast, pre make your breakfast the night before so all you have to do is eat it or you may need to do both.
Whatever the reason is, there is ways of getting breakfast in, if YOU want to make a change for a better and healthier version of you.
Here is some of the benefits of eating breakfast:
- Breakfast refuels your glycogen (energy) levels
- Improves your metabolism – while you sleep your metabolism slows down.
- Reduces your chances of over eating and bingeing later on in the day
Did you know:
Studies show those that eat breakfast lose weight or are able to maintain a healthy weight range. So if you are someone that is trying to lose weight make sure you are eating breakfast it is beneficial for your fat loss journey.