Week 3 – H2O
Sipping water regularly sounds like a no brainer however many of us don’t. We are unfortunately mistaking thirst for hunger and eating more than we really need. So why is water so essential for good health? About 60% of your body weight is made up of water and every system within your body depends on it. From carrying nutrients to your cells to removing toxins, water helps the entire body function properly.
HERE IS JUST A FEW MORE REASONS TO STAY HYDRATED:
- Promotes weight loss – By having a glass of water prior to your meal it will help reduce your eating intake, reduces hunger (natural appetite suppressant), raises your metabolism and has zero calories.
- Improves skin complexion – Water moisturizes and keeps it fresh, glowing and smooth
- Prevents cramps and sprains – Proper hydration helps keep the joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely to occur
- Natural headache remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches which are commonly caused by dehydration
- Maintains regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation
- Increases energy and relieves fatigue – Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel up resulting in muscle fatigue and your performance will suffer.
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times – work at a desk place your bottle next to the screen so that it will be constantly looking at you.
- Forget to drink – Set up an reminder/alarm every 15 minutes
- Don’t like the taste? Infuse some fruit and/or herbs such as mint or berries, citrus fruits or cucumber.